The Boracay Regency experience: Only the Finest


Honestly, I think that almost everyone my age has gone to Boracay. I’m turning 22 next month and I’m glad to say that at last, I am a Boracay virgin no more! 

Unfortunately unlike a lot of people I know who have gone there, I’ve never had the chance to go with my friends and have a crazy wild time of party and play in Boracay. So when the opportunity came to visit the famous and well-sought after summer destination and stay at one of its most premiere beach resorts Boracay Regency, I just couldn’t say no even if I had to.

Solo flight through air, land and sea
I’ve travelled to foreign places like the U.S. and England before –but never alone. Neither have I ever tried to travel and ride an airplane by myself to visit one of our very own islands here in the Philippines, so flying to Caticlan to get to Boracay was a fairly new and quite a daunting experience for me.
 
I took a 45-minute flight to Caticlan via the South East Asian Airlines or SEAIR, and it was strictly a 45-minute flight indeed, with no fuss and no worries. I thought I had the luxury to have a little quiet time inside the plane to let the reality of this whole trip sink in but with how fast SEAIR flies, I didn’t even notice that my plane was already landing.
SEAIR is telling the truth when they say they have the fastest flights to get you to Boracay, because from checking in to getting your bags at the arrival area, it was all a surprisingly efficient process.

Boracay Regency’s services boasted off efficiency as well –which I think they really had the right to boast about –because as soon as I stepped out of the Caticlan airport, they managed to bring me to the hotel without making me have to think about how to get there. They provided the private van to bring me to the port area from the airport and to the hotel, and the speedboat to Boracay island itself. Take note, they’ll take you there on a speedboat. That’s cutting half the time getting there compared to the ‘old school’ boat ride that takes around 30 minutes. All in all, my commute from Makati during rush hour takes a longer time because surprisingly, I found myself staring at the sea shores of Boracay in less than 2 hours!


The best thing about my first trip to “Bora”
From the very start, I knew that the best thing about this Boracay trip is the chance to experience it all at the Boracay Regency beach resort. It’s not often for anyone to get the chance to spend a weekend at the largest and the first triple-A rated resort located at the center of the famous White Beach that I just knew I was going to have only the best memories to bring with me by the end of this trip. 




Out of the 285 luxurious guestrooms & suites, I got to stay in the Premier room that was good enough for 3 or 4 people, with a single and queen-sized bed. From the small details in the room to the architectural design of the entire resort, you’ll notice that overall it’s a combination of contemporary Asian and Mediterranean themes, giving the hotel a classically comforting yet refreshing feel.



In my bathroom I had a glass-enclosed shower and a bath tub all to myself. A wall with a huge glass window separates the bedroom from the bathroom. This glass window is covered by dark brown venetian blinds which I found quite interesting because you can pull it up to watch your favorite T.V. show even when you’re enjoying a bubble bath. 
I also had my own private veranda which overlooked one of the three crystalline pools Boracay Regency has, which was a square-shaped pool with an elevated jacuzzi in the middle, and a sunken pool bar on the side



Even with just these amenities, you know that you’re not in for some simple quiet time
 at Boracay Regency because inevitably you’ll find out it’s where luxury and comfort meets your need for a well-deserved rest and relaxation more than halfway.

The next best thing: Wining and Dining
Comfort is nothing without convenience, and Boracay Regency truly understands this thought. That is why the resort has a wide array of restaurants and food selections to choose from whether you prefer dining al fresco or indoor style.

Indulge in a buffet feast and literally feel the sea breeze while taking pleasure in the delightful dishes that Sea Breeze Café has to offer. The restaurant serves a wide variety of food every day and for every meal, so you’re sure to find a something new to try every time. If you suddenly miss air-conditioning and would like to take a break from the sun’s heat, try Boracay Regency’s take on Japanese food at Zhu Asian Cuisine with family or friends.



For a relaxed dining experience with a dash of entertainment there’s Gazebo Grill and Mo2 Wave Disco bar to meet your wants and needs –day or night. But if fine dining is what you prefer, Christina’s café is very well recommended for an intimate dinner with your special someone. Romantic set dinners and other wonderful Valentine’s day promos will be introduced this coming February, so make sure to make reservations if you’re going to celebrate love month in Boracay.




Much more to explore
Amazingly, there is still more than just the breathtaking beachfront, grand guestrooms, extravagant fresh water swimming pools and only the best selection of restaurants to get excited about at Boracay Regency because other than all these, the resort also has a gym with the most modern fitness facilities, a VIP lounge, WIFI internet access, a convention center, and the famous Kai Regency Spa. 


Kai Regency Spa is the largest spa in the island, with 22 Asian-inspired suites to accommodate guests of Boracay Regency as well as other visitors. Invest in your well-being through any of the spa’s world-class treatments from massages, body scrubs, facials, hand and foot spa. Bless your rejuvenated soul and end your “me time” with some ginger tea and cookies. 



All good things come to an end
With the help of all the wonderful people and amenities at Boracay Regency beach resort, I’m thankful to be introduced to the more tranquil side of Boracay.


I may not have partied till the break of dawn like regular Boracay visitors have, but the least I can say is that if you haven’t stayed at Boracay Regency, I don’t think you’ve ever really experienced Boracay for the utmost rest and relaxation it has offer as one of the best holiday destinations it has become famous for.

That’s why next time, try to slow down and experience the bliss of being in Boracay from a different point of view, while getting the right value for your well-saved vacation funds and treat yourself to only the finest –you deserve it. 

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/insideLifestyle.htm?f=2011/february/25/lifestyle1.isx&d=2011/february/25

No comments:

Post a Comment