Making perfect Sense’


My mother is a sucker for beauty and skin care products. At 43, she’s tried a lot of different kinds of products –from the lower end to the highest end, going against the odds and hoping to look less of what her age should probably look like, as per the norm. 

A photo of my 43-year old mom and 21-year old me  just last year at my graduation. 
Luckily, my mom really is an exception to this norm because with our age gap of 21 years, she’s been mistaken to be my older sister more than enough times for me to realize that I am being challenged to look as young or even younger as she does when I get to her age. That is why like my mother, I’ve been trying different kinds of beauty and skin care products in order to prepare myself to still look like I’m 22 when the time comes that I’m already 32.

When I was just starting out on this quest for eternal youth, some of the products I’ve tried before have helped clear out my skin during the phase of teenage breakouts. But now that I’m getting older and I’ve started using make-up more frequently, the products I’ve gotten used to just won’t do anymore because my skin needs something better in order to keep it healthy, strong, and youthful.

Recently, I was introduced to a new line of skin care products from Usana Health Sciences, Sense’. It was such a treat to be able to try this new line of what they like to call “beautiful science skin care products” because I could also make my mom try it with me so as to see if it would be able to make us experience the healthy kind of beauty that it all promises to give in as little as two weeks.

Beauty is an experience
My mother and I have been doing Sense’s 3-step beauty regimen for almost 3 weeks now and I can honestly say that Sense delivered as promised.

Twice every day I would wash my face with the Gentle Daily Cleanser. Then I would grab a cotton pad and further cleanse my face with the Hydrating Toner. After these, in the morning I’d use the Daytime Protective Emulsion to moisturize my face and protect my skin from the effects of sun damage. At night I would use the Night Renewal Crème as an overnight intensive moisturizer.

Since my first week of usage, I’ve been waking up with supple and smooth skin –even after a hectic Saturday night out with just about 3 hours of sleep. Since I’ve been using Sense’, I haven’t experienced oiliness or any major blemishes on my face and I feel like whenever I use the Perfecting Essence, my skin is tightened and moisturized at the same time.

My mom also got positive results even just on the first week of doing the Sense’ beauty regimen. She has super sensitive skin, and she likes the fact that the Gentle Daily Cleanser didn’t make her skin feel dry after, and the Hydrating Toner made her skin feel supple and squeaky clean. She also found the Day and Night creams to be non-greasy, and light on the skin, taking away that awful feeling of heat on the face after putting really heavy moisturizers beneath your make-up foundation.

According to her, she likes the idea that Sense’ simply doesn’t target the surface of the skin but the skin cells, with the goal of properly nourishing and hydrating us from the inside, revitalizing our skin to give us the chance to stay as young on the skin as much as we can be young at heart.


Beauty inside & out
Beauty is something that we all possess – manifested in our own unique ways. But in spite of our differences, when it comes to the idea of beauty, I think we’ll all agree that we have one common denominator: Good health and a good heart translate to true beauty, inside & out. 

Our skin is the largest organ of our body. We have the responsibility to take care of it the best way we know how. And now that you know Sense’s around, there is no reason for you not to give your skin just the tender love and care that it deserves.

Just like doing good deeds towards others, do the same for your skin. Be good to it, and it’ll make you look good. Now doesn’t that just make Sense?

For more information on other Sense’ skin and beauty products check out www.beautifulscience.com



No comments:

Post a Comment